Accounts Assistant – Accounts Receivable
To perform all duties associated with the processing and recording of cash receipts and customer invoicing, on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT:
- Reconcile cash receipts to general ledger
- Record debit and credit adjustments to customer
- Process returns credits and credit
- Record credits to customer accounts from vendor
- Issue credit card and PayPal
- Respond to credit card declined
- Post and issue copies of invoices.
- Assist in various other office duties such as scanning, filing, answer customer service calls, etc.
- Perform various functions to ensure accurate recording of cash and accounting transactions, in accordance with corporate
- Process and post daily accounts receivable payments to include checks, credit cards, Paypal, ACH and wire transfers on a timely
- Print, post and mail daily customer sales
THE IDEAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT WILL NEED TO HAVE/BE:
- Prior exposure to Microsoft Systems
- Some knowledge of accounting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Excel – Intermediate level
- AAT studies or equivalent working knowledge/experience required
- Prior Accounts Receivable or accounting experience required
This role is full-time permanent working Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Its paying a competitive salary DOE from 22K
Location – Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent
Salary – £21,000 to £23,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (30-minute lunch)
Our client, a long-established firm of Chartered Certified Accountants based in Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent are recruiting for an AAT qualified accountant (with at least 2 years’ experience working within practice) to join their team.
The right candidate will be passionate about accountancy and strive to deliver an excellent service to our ever-expanding client base.
Responsibilities and requirements of the bookkeeper will include: –
- Accurate preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT Returns for sole-trader/partnership/Limited Company clients using KashFlow/Xero/SAGE online/Quickbooks online software packages.
- Have the ability to review and amend bookkeeping entries
- Up-to-date knowledge of VAT rules is required
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Be able to review a Trial Balance and highlight any areas for further review
- Liaising with clients to resolve bookkeeping queries
- Accurate entry of client’s invoices using DEXT receipt capture software
- Preparation of annual accounts for sole-trader/partnership/Limited Company clients accurately evidencing all Balance Sheet items
- Dealing with day-to-day client queries
- Knowledge of CIS and how this interacts with the bookkeeping process
Proven bookkeeping experience within practice for a minimum of 2 years
Strong IT skills (especially Microsoft Excel)
Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Skilled and effective communicator
Auto-enrolment pension scheme contributions
30 days annual holiday