Nursery Nurse Level 3
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent evening, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialed the report before parents receives it
- Look upon the nursery, as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised. Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Specific childcare tasks
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child’s stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
This role is paying up to £10 an hour dependent on experience, ideally looking for at least 1 years experience and MUST be level 3 qualified.
Permanent role working for a stable and growing business.