Heating & Plumbing Sales Assistant
An opportunity has arisen at a Stoke-on-Trent Plumber’s merchants for a Heating & Plumbing Sales Assistant. Experience is preferred but not essential. The ideally candidate needs to have a good understanding and knowledge of heating and plumbing.
Duties of the Heating and Plumbing Sales Assistant will include:
- Trade counter sales to the trade and retail.
- Handling of stock.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Customer service
- Offering advice on plumbing and heating products
Full time, permanent position which will include some Saturdays and weekend work
Salary package depending on experience – competitive
For more information on this Heating & Plumbing Sales Assistant – APPLY for more details
Gas Installations Engineer – Stoke-on-Trent
Starting basic £30k to £32K dependant on experience
Over time and Call Out earnings of £4k plus per year
Overall Salary £34k to £36K per annum
Plus Company Vehicle and Fuel card included in the offer
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- Tools including Gas Analyser and Van Stock
- Full Uniform and PPE
- PDA / Phone or Tablet
- Company Pension
- Staff Discounts
- Company Events
- Renewable Training
- Training & Mentorship – Renewable Training (Heat Pump, Solar Thermal)
- Variety of Work
- No Long Distance Travel
- Additional Earning Potential
- Qualification Renewals paid for (after a successful 6 Month Probationary period)
Job Overview of the Gas installation Engineer:
To successfully perform domestic gas boiler installations and central heating system upgrades, ensuring all activities are completed safely, efficiently and to the customer’s satisfaction within the requirements of Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations. Training in Renewable Installations, including Solar Thermal, Heat Pumps etc is included in the offer.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Gas Installation Engineer:
- To install, replace and upgrade boilers and central heating systems in customers properties.
- To ensure customer property is respected at all times and work is carried out in a clean and tidy manner, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times.
- To ensure installations are completed within the agreed timescale and to company standards.
- To adhere to manufacturer instructions when installing and commissioning appliances.
- To issue notices and certificates required by the relevant regulations relating to gas safety.
- To complete all work in accordance with company procedure, best practice, industry standards and current legislation.
- To drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and to ensure that the vehicle is maintained to appropriate standards.
- To represent the company in a positive way to our customers and the general public.
- To complete all relevant training and certifications as required by regulations.
- To maintain regular contact with the Manager, administration personnel and colleagues to obtain instructions and resolve working problems.
- To document completed works and maintain an accurate record of work carried out including measurements and calculations.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Essential Qualification and skills of the Gas Installation Engineer:
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), including CCN1, CEN WAT, and appliances.
- Full clean driving license.
- Asbestos Awareness as a minimum, Category B preferred.
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of laptops or PDAs.
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday