Starting from £9.50 p/h (£19,800 p/a), adjustable based on applicant experience.
Primary duties of this position are to evaluate all incoming electronic items for repair. Included in these will be units previously repaired which have been returned for warranty consideration. Duties will include but not limited to the verification of part numbers and quantities of incoming items from customers. Forward completed orders to shipping department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate physical condition and malfunction of potential repair opportunities with attention to detail and accurate troubleshooting, process development, and training.
- Reduce the beyond repair percentage and achieve, maintain, and manage a steady pattern of consistency in this arena.
- Develop and improve in house test capabilities and processes
- Interface within house Production management and technical staff.
- Maintain and exceed department requirements for incoming repair volume and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with outside vendors in the industry.
- Direct contact with international customer base.
- GCSE Maths, Science and English (minimum: Grade 5/C).
- Previous electrical/electro-mechanical troubleshooting experience or knowledge
- BTEC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) or working towards.
- Previous technical training experience.
Required to bring own tools as specified by the hiring manager