Our client based in Bolton, Manchester have an opening for a Deputy Nursery Manager to work closely and be supporting by the Nursery Manager.
The duties will of the Deputy Nursery Manager will involve:
- To support and deputise for the Nursery Manager as and when required
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in and out of nursery at all times
- Directing and supporting the rest of the staff team
- Assisting with staff development and training
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Attending regular staff meetings and assisting with nursery events outside core hours
- Assisting the manager in showing parents/carers around the setting’s facilities and sending out information
- Liaising with parents/carers, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met, and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given.
- Liaising with outside agencies as required, eg. Ofsted, Starting Life Well, suppliers etc.
- Providing cover for other employees in time of illness, annual leave or emergency leave
- Acting as an excellent role model to other employees and children in your care
- Supporting staff in the roll out of the new EYFS framework
- Interacting with children in an appropriate manner
- Reporting any concerns to the Nursery Manager
- Creating fun learning environments both indoors and outdoors
- Encouraging language and communication development
- Feeding back to parents and carers in a professional and consistent manner
- Assisting the nursery manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings
- Ensuring safeguarding is core to all our activities
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious beliefs, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background
- Working both indoors and outdoors
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the nursery manager
The ideal Deputy Nursery Manager could either be in a similar role currently or looking for the next step in their career so an experienced room leader, or practitioner who has the relevant skills and appropriate attitude to succeed in Deputy Nursery Manager role.
Full time permanent opportunity – APPLY today for more information on this role.
Paying up to 22.5K dependent on experience